"Producing a well designed proposal that alters or extends a church is a particular challenge requiring specialist knowledge and skills. HMAD have the experience and track record to make your project successful"
Breathing new life into churches and community venues is one of our core skills. We have been employed by several Church Dioceses to re-work existing church buildings and provide places of worship for the 21st Century, making them a centre point for communities.
We offer the following range of Architectural services tailored to your church:
• Quinquennial Survey & Report (to assess the condition of the building and need for repair)
• The specification & management of repairs or improvements
• The design, specification & management the reordering of the interior
• The design, specification & management of the extension of the building or a new facility
• Energy audits, renewable energy installations, access audits, & general consultancy.
Our design process, building techniques and choice of materials are all sympathetic to the existing building structures and their heritage. We understand it is important to maintain integrity, relevance and a focus on worship within church buildings as well as creating spaces that are functional.
Modern materials when used sensitively can greatly enhance the features of older buildings and give them a new lease of life.
We follow quality assurance practices that conform to RIBA standards and have a network of professional support to cover all our activities, including health and safety, structural design, environmental analysis as well as working alongside quantity surveyors to ensure a secure cost management process.